Senior Transportation for Gwinnett County |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
The Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners accepted an $84,745 grant, from the Atlanta Regional Commission and MARTA, during their September 21 meeting, to create a new transportation system will help Gwinnett seniors and residents with disabilities get around. The County will provide $39,731 in matching funds from money previously allocated to its transportation contract with the state.
Currently, limited transportation assistance is offered to Gwinnett seniors to attend medical appointments; however, there is a current waiting list of 80 seniors and arrangements must be made in advance to participate. Gwinnett Senior Services expect to be able to offer transportation vouchers to seniors within six months.
Gwinnett County Senior Services operates three active senior centers in Lawrenceville, Norcross and Buford. Services for the older population are offered in the comfort of their homes such as meals delivery, respite care and homemaking duties.
For more information, visit the website, www.gwinnettseniorservices.com or call the Senior Helpline at 678.377.4150.
Upcoming Events near Duluth
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suwanee Performing Arts' 2014 Broadway in the Park production
- Self-serve beer machines have humble beginnings in Suwanee, GA
- Salude bringing 70 jobs to Suwanee
- Veteran going through hard times gets a new home
- Firefighters freed a woman who got trapped after a tractor-trailer rolled on top of her vehicle.